Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film I Watched Was....

+8
Rover the Sea
Roverdamus
arover
StLedge
Willy
super_keith_andrews
glosterrover
rob_of_the_robots
12 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 18 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by arover Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:01 am

Michael Clayton 2007

George Clooney vehicle in which he plays an intruiging character well. A decent enough plot with the film perhaps slightly over long.

Worth a look.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 18 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by arover Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:45 pm

Garden State 2004

Written by, directed by and starring Zach Braff this slightly off beat affair also features Natalie Portman. A young man returns home to New Jersey (Garden State) for his paraplegic mother's funeral. As the film unfolds we are given more of an insight into how troubled this guy is all in a very understated kind of way. We also see the beginnings of his relationship with Portman and his reconnection with some old friends. Excellent stuff, right up my street both humourous and meaningful with first class writing and acting.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:56 pm

The Hunger Games 2012

Futuristic story where 2 kids from each of 12 districts are selected to play in a fight to the death (last man standing) for the pleasure of the watching audiences. It's all a bit weird and fantastical, especially the dress and style of them all. Was a bit tired on the first watch so tried again and made it through. this tells me it is a tad long and a lot of kids will probably lose interest as I think the extra long bit is toward the start and so needs your attention to stay with it. I did enjoy it and even though the concept is simple enough I think they over complicated it a bit by letting the dialogue be a bit too wordy in places (where the 'elders' explain things to the kids) but the action kicks in soon enough to keep you with it and provides plenty of entertainment, be ready for Catching Fire and Mockingjay following soon...

...I found myself very attracted to Jennifer Lawrence, the young female lead, nice mouth.

Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Oooer Vicar Wink
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Hesher 2010

A young kid who has lost his mother and is losing touch with his father who is wallowing in grief has this anarchic dude Hesher come into his life and bring more chaos to what was previously just some chaos. Joseph Gordon Levitt does a good job on the anarchic bit and Natale Portman provides the female bit.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:25 pm

arover wrote:Garden State 2004

Written by, directed by and starring Zach Braff this slightly off beat affair also features Natalie Portman. A young man returns home to New Jersey (Garden State) for his paraplegic mother's funeral. As the film unfolds we are given more of an insight into how troubled this guy is all in a very understated kind of way. We also see the beginnings of his relationship with Portman and his reconnection with some old friends. Excellent stuff, right up my street both humourous and meaningful with first class writing and acting.

arover wrote:Hesher 2010

A young kid who has lost his mother and is losing touch with his father who is wallowing in grief has this anarchic dude Hesher come into his life and bring more chaos to what was previously just some chaos. Joseph Gordon Levitt does a good job on the anarchic bit and Natale Portman provides the female bit.

She IS a hottie!
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:31 pm

Rover the Sea wrote:
arover wrote:Garden State 2004

arover wrote:Hesher 2010

She IS a hottie!

If you say so Sea.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Mysterious Skin 2004

No Natalie Portman this time but Joseph Gordon Levitt features as a childhood paedophilia victim of his baseball coach who winds up as a rent boy and the whole film works towards his eventual meeting with another damaged kid who he semi procured for the coach.

Good stuff.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:41 pm

That movie made me feel really uncomfortable.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:25 am

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 18 Tjgear_4287_040206_19210
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Man on a Ledge

was expecting better from this film to be honest, sam worthington plays a fugitive on top of a building threatening to jump, but its all a ploy to prove his innocence. Jamie bell also stars with a fittie. Could have been a PhoneBooth esque film but the plot really spoilt it. I dont think the way he was planning to prove his innocence would have worked and for the love of god jamie bell and the fittie really annoyed me with their little flirting jokes every 2mins.

DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06

https://fortressewood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Tue Sep 11, 2012 5:34 pm

Safe House

Ex CIA operative Denzel Washington is a wanted man for selling top secret info to enemies of the US. He turns up at a us embassy after being chased by some bad guys. He is arrested and transferred to a safehouse, where the plan was for the CIA agents to torture him, but as the turture begins the bad guys turn up at the secret safehouse and it is upto the safehouse keeper/landlord Ryan Reynolds (Green Lantern guy who married then divorced Scarlett Johanssen then lucky bastard marries blake lively)to keep him safe until CIA send.
I thought it was pretty easy to work out who the leak was, bet you would all work it out within 20mins.

DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618

https://fortressewood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:45 pm

American Pie Band Camp.

Shite

StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:07 am

StLedge wrote:American Pie Band Camp.

Shite

Laughing geometry laugh!
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:07 pm

I never noticed that Laughing
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:45 pm

The Disappearance of Alice Creed 2009

Interesting enough British caper gone wrong movie. A kidnap situation badly blows up in the faces of the two male protagonists and there is an unexpected outcome for all. Not bad.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Dredd 2012

Watched it last night in 3D. Great film, much much better than the previous attempt.

Used to read all the Judge Dredd and 2000 A.D graphic novels and this film captured the feel of Mega City One perfectly without going over the top.

9/10
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Sinister 2012
Yet another film billed as "the scariest movie of the year",actually nearly lived up to the billing.Brilliant first two thirds ratchetting up the tension and making a few people pap themselves with superior jump scares....let down a little by a rather contrived ending although any film with creepy kids in it freaks me out!!!! on another note the missus didn't jump once,more and more convinced she's made of concrete!!!!!
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:30 pm

glosterrover wrote:on another note the missus didn't jump once,more and more convinced she's made of concrete!!!!!

That, or you are a bit of a girl Smile
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Probably a bit of both if i'm honest Embarassed
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:00 pm

Skyfall 2012

Now you either love or hate James Bond,i fall into the former camp and have always looked forward to a New Bond. Sam Mendes has crafted what is quite possibly THE Best 007 Film in the series,as we know under the Stewardship of Daniel Craig Bond has gone gritty and realistic as opposed to gadget driven and fanciful,this largely continues although there is a healthy dose of humour injected into the story although not of the Self aware Roger Moore style. The action is fast and frantic with a superb pre credits sequence in Istanbul a standout,Mendes has really crafted an intelligent take on Britains Finest Secret Agent.Javier Bardem is a genuinely unsettling Protagonist,all bad dental work and Mummy issues.Dame Judi Dench is properly stretched for the first time in a Bond Movie and we are introduced to A new Quartermaster in Ben Whishaw and Naomie Harris becomes a New take on a much loved character but the real kicker is Raiph Fiennes as the new.........for the first time Bond is forced to evaluate who he is and what he stands for and for much of the running time is found wanting,The Cinematography is amazing,courtesy of Roger Deakins (the Coen Brothers go to guy) and he offers a fresh,off kilter view of dear old London!!! all in all a superb film and definitely in the running for Movie of the Year,The Hobbit has a lot to live up to!!!
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:02 am

Saw Skyfall yesterday afternoon and enjoyed it, yes. My take on it would
be
a very good movie, but perhaps not a very good 'Bond' movie? There were
differences from the normal Bond movies in that there was minimal
Bond/beautiful
female interaction and, in fact, only one (short) "skin" scene!! And 'NO'
naked
dancing ladies in the opening sequence a la 'Tales from the Unexpected'.

The villain (Javier Bardem) was excellent but there was no real (physical)
interaction between he and Bond ie. no bare knuckle fighting!

There were very few Bond-style puns and the ones that were there were very
obvious, they stood out too much due to their infrequency!

Don't like the slim-fit suits Daniel Craig wears, (makes him look like the
bassist
from the Jam)needs a DJ for effect!

Like the way it ended and set up the cast for future movies...

New 'Q' is good and I now know why it was called "Skyfall"...
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Did you type that post using a calculator? :/
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:10 pm

Laughing
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:03 pm

Hehe. Very Happy

Supposed to be going to the premiere of the new Bond tonight, so I'll let you know if I rate it as highly as others have. Not really a Bond fan (at all), but it's gonna be the first time I've seen one on a big screen since Goldeneye, so maybe that'll add something extra to it.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next