Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film I Watched Was....

+8
Rover the Sea
Roverdamus
arover
StLedge
Willy
super_keith_andrews
glosterrover
rob_of_the_robots
12 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by arover Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:26 am

glosterrover wrote:Now come on arover,tell us what you really think Laughing

I didn't really say what I felt there.

I despise that bitch above all others. What I'm supposed to feel sorry for her because she has Alzheimers? I wish she'd never been born and there'll be a party with all the trimmings in the arover gaff when she finally snuffs it. Also annoyingly there is a direct correlation between being an expat and thinking that she was a great PM, obviously I buck the trend but it can make life difficult talking to people who seem perfectly decent and then you unearth that shit. Some of them even get upset when I refer to her as "that cunt".
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 10 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by arover Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:32 am

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close 2011

One of the movies nominated for best picture this year and after a slightly confusing start this evolves into a very good film. The story revolves a round a young boy who has some kind of autistic spectrum disorder and who loses his father in the 9/11 thing and a search he undertakes because he thinks his father has left him a clue to something in the form of a key. Well played out and very interesting, a big thumbs up here.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:53 am

The Nines 2007

Strange film split into 3 parts with all the same characters in different scenarios and so on. It took me a long while to figure out what was supposed to be going on and I'm not 100% sure that I was successful but I think one of the main characters was a god of some sort. Possibly.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:46 pm

arover wrote:Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close 2011

One of the movies nominated for best picture this year and after a slightly confusing start this evolves into a very good film. The story revolves a round a young boy who has some kind of autistic spectrum disorder and who loses his father in the 9/11 thing and a search he undertakes because he thinks his father has left him a clue to something in the form of a key. Well played out and very interesting, a big thumbs up here.

I really wanna see this as I'm a big Tom Hanks fan, but is it as teary-eyed and sad as it looks in the trailers?
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:17 pm

Willy wrote:
arover wrote:Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close 2011

I really wanna see this as I'm a big Tom Hanks fan, but is it as teary-eyed and sad as it looks in the trailers?

No not really, the kid is excellent and he actually carries the film. I have a great deal of experience working with children with autistic spectrum disorders and this boy (or someone) has done his homework. It's not an uplifting film but without giving too much away there is a positive note to end on. You really should see it. I've just copped for the book on my Kindle, I suspect it will be a very good read.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:46 pm

The Woman In Black 2012

Meh!!!!!

glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:19 am

Do your reviews have to be so long winded.......
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:22 pm

sorry,i'll cut the next one back
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Wink
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:37 am

Don't go letting SSS creep back in again!
Spoiler:
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:06 pm

ok
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:37 pm

Laughing
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:09 pm

Oh dear Rolling Eyes
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:02 pm

Catfish 2010

Supposed documentary although many commentators have cast doubt on the authenticity of this. I wasn't sure but it certainly made for interesting viewing. A young film maker/artist begins to receive communications from a family he knows nothing of and the story develops from there. It has a degree of authenticity and is cleverly made whether genuine or not. Certainly worth a look.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Yeah very good film,saw a similar film called Talhotblond on channel 4 around christmas time and that was a bit of a rug puller too and genuine too
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:13 pm

"Rug puller"? scratch
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Rug muncher.
Roverdamus
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7822
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:18 am

Martha Marcy May Marlene 2011

Younger Olsen sibling Elizabeth stars in this unsettling film in which the story revolves around a young girl who surfaces after a couple of years living with cult which resembles what the Manson entourage was probably like. She returns to stay with her sister and husband and increasingly unpredictable and erratic behaviour ensues inevitably putting a strain on her sister's relationship both with her and her husband. I really enjoyed this and thought that Olsen in the main role was very good indeed. Worth a look.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:29 am

The Arbor 2010

Telling the story in a documentary fashion of Andrea Dunbar the Bradford housing estate playwright who wrote Rita, Sue and Bob Too and died at the age of 29. She wrote well about the despair and people in her life but didn't rise above it and boozed her way to an early grave leaving 4 children by different fathers who largely tell the story. It doesn't stop there the eldest daughter of mixed race also descended into a life of drug addiction and despair culminating in the death of her own 2 year old child for which she was convicted of manslaughter. The story is told by actors mouthing the words of the real protaganists interspersed with real documentary footage of Andrea herself shot in the 80s. Grim lives indeed.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Seen that too arover and would definitely recommend it,although not for the friday night home from the pub crowd Laughing
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:16 pm

The Girl with the Drag...drag, it's all it did was drag. Meh
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:19 pm

Wahey,a movie review from Sledge cheers
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:51 pm

I've done a few thank you!!
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Sorry Rolling Eyes
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:45 am

Oscars tonight!
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next