Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film I Watched Was....

+8
Rover the Sea
Roverdamus
arover
StLedge
Willy
super_keith_andrews
glosterrover
rob_of_the_robots
12 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by super_keith_andrews Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:55 pm

Planning on watching it just for that line.
super_keith_andrews
super_keith_andrews
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3778
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by glosterrover Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:57 pm

It was fookin' priceless SKA
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:44 pm

glosterrover wrote:The Inbetweeners Movie 2011

Absolutely love the series and this is just brilliant,peurile,childish and silly.....bring it on,also contains the best line in a movie ever(well if your a Rovers fan anyway) after the ride from the airport where they are regaled by pissed up "Football" fans,Will in his monologue say's "when anyone asks me if i like football i say yes,but i fucking hate Burnley" cheers

10/10

Nobble.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:45 pm

Out Of Providence 1999

I quite liked this one in which a kid from a poor family ends up at a posh (ish) boarding school. It's not a comedy more of a quirky drama, anyway he manages to get his girlfriend expelled and fuck up her chances of going to college which in turn prompts remorse. I liked the way they portrayed the gang of kids he hangs round with in his hometown and the relationship between father (Alec Baldwin) and son.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:12 am

Cowboys and Aliens 2011

What a hotch-potch of movies this is, all bundled together, it's got Cowboys (obviously), Aliens (again, obviously), James Bond, Indiana Jones, Predator, True Grit and a bit of Little House on the Prairie to tweak the heartstrings!!

It's a strange brew, indeed, but kinda watchable all the same. Needs the BIG screen for full effect I would say and the mix of sci-fi and Western make the spaceship scenes stand out quite well. Some good fight scenes with the cowboys/indians/demons all having a go!

All in all it's a bit of a "yarn" but the younger audiences will love it. Not sure which bit of the patchwork quilt I liked best, but worth a watch, just don't take it too seriously,

6.5 for variety value.
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:10 pm

Have been thinking about having a look at this.
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:19 pm

glosterrover wrote:The Inbetweeners Movie 2011

Absolutely love the series and this is just brilliant,peurile,childish and silly.....bring it on,also contains the best line in a movie ever(well if your a Rovers fan anyway) after the ride from the airport where they are regaled by pissed up "Football" fans,Will in his monologue say's "when anyone asks me if i like football i say yes,but i fucking hate Burnley" cheers

10/10

im surprised you didnt realise straight after that bit when they arrived at the hotel/apartment/shithole the english guy they first speak to has a blackburn rovers badge tattoed on his arm

I didnt think the movie was all that to be honest a lot of rehashed old jokes and too much cock on show....but Neil is a great dancer though

6/10
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618

https://fortressewood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:40 am

Rover the Sea wrote:Cowboys and Aliens 2011

What a hotch-potch of movies this is, all bundled together, it's got Cowboys (obviously), Aliens (again, obviously), James Bond, Indiana Jones, Predator, True Grit and a bit of Little House on the Prairie to tweak the heartstrings!!

It's a strange brew, indeed, but kinda watchable all the same. Needs the BIG screen for full effect I would say and the mix of sci-fi and Western make the spaceship scenes stand out quite well. Some good fight scenes with the cowboys/indians/demons all having a go!

All in all it's a bit of a "yarn" but the younger audiences will love it. Not sure which bit of the patchwork quilt I liked best, but worth a watch, just don't take it too seriously,

6.5 for variety value.

I saw Jon Favreau plugging this on George Lopez the other night, it sounded interesting, and Favreau always brings something new to the table. Will give it a look.

On the subject of Favreau, for anyone who hasn't seen it, try 'Very Bad Things'. It's a black comedy about some guys who go on a stag do in Vegas, and everything goes pear-shaped. Sound familiar? Yeah, 'The Hangover' MORE than plagiarised it.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by super_keith_andrews Wed Aug 31, 2011 11:25 am

The best Vegas movie ever is still Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. Superb movie and a fantastic book.
super_keith_andrews
super_keith_andrews
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3778
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:02 am

We Own The Night 2007

Joaquin Phoenix and Mark Walberg are 2 brothers one a cop and one a club owner with a father (Robert Duvall) who is chief of police. Circumstances dictate that the club owning brother has to decide which side he is going to line up on.

Decent enough of its type and very atmospheric, also includes a very horny sex scene right at the beginning featuring Eva Mendes and a pantomime villain.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:06 pm

Willy wrote:

6.5 for variety value.

I saw Jon Favreau plugging this on George Lopez the other night, it sounded interesting, and Favreau always brings something new to the table. Will give it a look.

On the subject of Favreau, for anyone who hasn't seen it, try 'Very Bad Things'. It's a black comedy about some guys who go on a stag do in Vegas, and everything goes pear-shaped. Sound familiar? Yeah, 'The Hangover' MORE than plagiarised it.

Very bad things is awesome, the hooker that gets killed was super fine
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:13 pm

DodgyGambit wrote:
Willy wrote:

6.5 for variety value.

Very bad things is awesome, the hooker that gets killed was super fine

Very Bad Things sounds good I'll check it out.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:52 pm

It's not a work of genius, but it's definitely worth a watch. Good strong cast, well-written, and cringeworthy to the max.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Willy wrote:It's not a work of genius, but it's definitely worth a watch. Good strong cast, well-written, and cringeworthy to the max.

Got it now so you're responsible.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:20 pm

Willy's in debt to the "Turk"!!!
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:05 am

i would say its a dark dark comedy

i thought it was slater at his funniest
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:05 am

Rover the Sea wrote:Willy's in debt to the "Turk"!!!

pale
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:21 pm

Slater was awesome in Heathers too
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:35 pm

Four Lions is on tomorrow cheers
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Got to be watched......Morris is a Genius cheers
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Robbie Slater. cheers
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:11 pm

No Willam.....Christian Rolling Eyes
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:34 pm

Is there a famous person called Christian Slater? Lol.
Roverdamus
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7822
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 pm

Roverdamus wrote:Is there a famous person called Christian Slater? Lol.

You've never heard of him? My brother is named after him! Laughing
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Roverdamus Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Never heard of him. I know someone irl called Christian Slater, though. Never knew he shared his name with that bloke...unless it's the same person. Suspect
Roverdamus
Roverdamus
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7822
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next