Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film I Watched Was....

+22
Flylife
PieEater
mcteeth
Roverdamus
Samba
DutchBRFC
BlueCabbage
don't push just shove ,
rob_of_the_robots
RW
African Rover
randomsam
Rovers Girl
Rover the Sea
OldhamRover
StLedge
Finger
Reidy Youre a Star
DodgyGambit
Willy
DeadlyRovers
arover
26 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by Willy Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:58 pm

A tuoro omara, o mara, a tuoro ofeke, o fenye ishi n'ohia.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 3 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by Finger Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:11 am

errr, back onn topic. Last movie i watched was well 3 in one night.

Batman- not bad, but why,why two face how could you

Wieners- errr dont ask, it's about hotdogs. The guy who won the hot bod contest didn't really have that hot of a bod.

TROPIC THUNDER- wtf racial stereotype humor to the max- tho it has it's moments.
Finger
Finger
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:24 am

For my part, the last film I saw was some crap on BBC1 called Into The Sun. It was from the early 90s and a Hollywood filmstar researching his next role as a fighter pilot gets shot down in the desert somewhere in the Middle East. The actor and his pilot argue and go their separate ways across the desert, only for both to be captured by the same set of villains. They make a dramatic escape and become friends and everyone lives happily ever after. It was shit. Badly written and some abysmal acting.
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:31 pm

My Blueberry Nights - Jude Law and Norah Jones are in this whimsical tale of a woman's travels and chance meetings with different characters across the states. Doesn't quite come off for me although everyone involved tries very hard.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:14 pm

Crocodile Dundee 3 - Shit
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:04 pm

I like Jude Law but he's done a few stinkers in his time.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Finger Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:36 am

StLedge wrote:Crocodile Dundee 3 - Shit

HOW DARE YOU, that movie is a national treasure

nah only jokin it is a piece of trash along with the other 2
Finger
Finger
Conference
Conference

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:29 pm

Finger wrote:
StLedge wrote:Crocodile Dundee 3 - Shit

HOW DARE YOU, that movie is a national treasure

nah only jokin it is a piece of trash along with the other 2

Crocodile Dundee 3!

Serves you right for watching it.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:46 pm

I'm gonna watch The Wrestler tonight. It's meant to be really good so I'm looking forward to it.

I also watched Shooter with Mark Wahlberg the other day. Pretty decent conspiracy tale, definitely worth a look.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Finger Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:53 am

well, i recently watched some moveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

1, Idiocracy- not too bad, watch it if your bored

2, Hellboy 2- wtf, again the characters are awesome aka gas guy in this movie, abe, and the sand guy from the 1st one, but again the ending made me wtf obvious much and why does hellboy beat everyone so easy, he beats down a god, some massive guy with a chain fist all in one night all because he has that massive wankers arm.

3, Fight Club- need i say more. Dragged it out again after the disgust of hell boy, FOR those who have not seen it, it is a MUST watch movie
Finger
Finger
Conference
Conference

Back to top Go down

Post by randomsam Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:37 am

the last film I watched was... awful

randomsam
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:21 pm

randomsam wrote:the last film I watched was... awful

I think I have seen that one, is that the one with Jason Statham?
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Watched Closer (again) just to see Natalie Portman's ass in the strip club scene - tongue AWESOME tongue !!!
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by randomsam Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:07 pm

StLedge wrote:
randomsam wrote:the last film I watched was... awful

I think I have seen that one, is that the one with Jason Statham?

lol!

randomsam
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 420
Registration date : 2008-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:27 pm

Finger wrote: he beats down a god, some massive guy with a chain fist all in one night all because he has that massive wankers arm.

LOL @ wanker's arm

Hellboy II was really disappointing. They seemed to do so much work on the backdrops and scenery but didn't give the viewer a chance to actually see it and take it in. I hate when a film has unfulfilled potential. I felt like they shit all over that film and Selma Blair is fucking terrible, can't stand that girl.

As for Jason Statham, I concur wholeheartedly. He's shit.

As for Fight Club; gotta be up there with Shawshank Redemption as the most overrated movie ever. It's good, but it ain't that good. I'll probably get crucified for this, but I felt as good as The Dark Knight was, it's nowhere near the standard that people seem to rate it at. Maybe I'm just hating on success, but I refuse to jump on the bandwagon of underpants cream just because everyone else is.

Goodfellas and Gangs of New York - now there's a couple of great fucking films. Martin Scorsese can't be touched when it comes to writing immensely good scripts.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:38 pm

Scorsese only adapted the book by Nicholas Pileggi into a screenplay with the collaboration of the original author, and even then he was more about making the images fit rather than scripting the film. That much I already knew. However, just to be a twat I also discovered that Gangs of New York was written by Jay Cocks, Steven Zaillian and Ken Lonergan.
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Okay, well he put his name on it and made it good. So there.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidy Youre a Star Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:18 pm

Gangs of New York? Really?

I thought it was utter toss personally. Goodfellas on the other hand - awesome.
Reidy Youre a Star
Reidy Youre a Star
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1840

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:40 pm

Daniel Day-Lewis is terrifying in that film. That made it for me.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:06 am

Willy wrote:Daniel Day-Lewis is terrifying in that film. That made it for me.

Pussy!!

Stomp on his left foot and he's fucked!!
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Finger Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:59 am

I dont rate dark knight either, they should have blown up those damn ships, i was just waitin for the civillians to press the button and blow their own ship up.

As for fight club, i usually rate movies higher when, i watch them expecting that it's gonna be crap and if it's good im usually quite happy, for example yes man it made me laugh thats more than i expected so i give it a higher rating Very Happy

Willy, you went saw ther wrestler right ? Is it as good as it's hyped up to Be ????? as im contemplating going to watch the wrestler or buying the wackness
Finger
Finger
Conference
Conference

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:55 am

It's not that I didn't rate The Dark Knight, I just refuse to cream myself over it like the majority of people are doing. It's a good film, very good, but it's not the masterpiece that it's made out to be.

I intended to watch The Wrestler but didn't get round to it. I still have it downloaded so I'll watch it this weekend or maybe later on today seeing as I have the day off. On the other hand, The Wackness is a very good film. Ben Kingsley is ace in that and it's my kinda film with the mid-90s New York setting; the music, the lifestyle. Loved it.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:35 am

Willy wrote:It's not that I didn't rate The Dark Knight, I just refuse to cream myself over it like the majority of people are doing. It's a good film, very good, but it's not the masterpiece that it's made out to be.

I intended to watch The Wrestler but didn't get round to it. I still have it downloaded so I'll watch it this weekend or maybe later on today seeing as I have the day off. On the other hand, The Wackness is a very good film. Ben Kingsley is ace in that and it's my kinda film with the mid-90s New York setting; the music, the lifestyle. Loved it.

wtf are u doing up at that time?
anyways i hated the Dark Knight, waste of a good character in 2face, he was 2face for about 10mins. Ledger wasnt all that in the movie. the bird was ugly. Christian Bale sometimes reminds me of Keanu reeves in the movie.

I wanna watch the wrestler too, they could have come up with a better name to entice people. I remember there was a movie called the fighter , how much do these peeps get for coming up with names for the movie.

Anyone watched Role Models yet? Im awaiting to watch the Mist and maybe SlumDog millionaire.
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618

https://fortressewood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:20 pm

The Mist is a decent film based on a Stephen King short story. Worth a watch. Great fucking ending, too.

I agree on all counts regarding The Dark Knight. Maggie Gyllenhaal looked like shit, Ledger will get an Oscar because he's dead and Christian Bale is indeed as wooden as Pinocchio himself; Keanu Reeves.

Slumdog Millionaire is ACE (note the capitals, it's that good). I won't say much about it, just watch it.

And yeah, Dodgy, was up late last night/this morning due to making the most of my time off. Long weekend for me starting with a spliff and a pint at 10am today. Haven't been to bed yet and I don't plan to sleep until sometime on Sunday. Very Happy
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:50 pm

Don't really rate Gangs Of New York either, Goodfellas rules though. Once Upon A Time In America is ACE if you've got 4 hours to spare. Fancy that Slumdog Millionaire but at the moment I'm bogged down in watching successive seasons of The Wire.

Got to keep going.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next