Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film I Watched Was....

+22
Flylife
PieEater
mcteeth
Roverdamus
Samba
DutchBRFC
BlueCabbage
don't push just shove ,
rob_of_the_robots
RW
African Rover
randomsam
Rovers Girl
Rover the Sea
OldhamRover
StLedge
Finger
Reidy Youre a Star
DodgyGambit
Willy
DeadlyRovers
arover
26 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by arover Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:32 pm

Things We Lost In The Fire 2007 - An excellent film about friendship and heroin addiction. Features Benicio Del Toro, David Duchnovy & Halle Berry. Very well made and insightful the film pulls no punches but leaves some hope. I thoroughly enjoyed this.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 2 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by arover Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:22 am

Music & Lyrics - 2007. Hugh Grant vehicle in which he plays the same part that he always plays with the same personna. This time it's in the body of a forgotten 80s pop star who sees the chance of his career being resurrected if he can write a song for a big current star. Problem is he can't produce lyrics but amazingly the girl who comes to water the plants in his appartment can. There's your love interest and off they go.

Formulaic.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:21 pm

Arover, are you actually a film critic for a living, or just have so little to do, you spend all your free time watching movies
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:39 pm

He's paid his dues. arover is retired and probably does spend quite a lot of time watching films. Fair play.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:08 pm

After the first sentence I was hoping we were breaking out into a modified rendition of We Are The Champions there, but I'll put my Freddie Mercury outfit away and push a few other things back in the closet...
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:00 am

StLedge wrote:Arover, are you actually a film critic for a living, or just have so little to do, you spend all your free time watching movies

Pretty much retired, dues are paid as Willy points out.

Turkish TV is shit and getting shitter, I love films and the odd quality TV series and as a conseequence download tons and devour them.

Especially in winter. Actually there are a lot of us at it out here and films tend to be passed around and discussed avidly. I suppose my posts reflect this.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:31 pm

Dunno if I already asked you this, arover. But do you watch Dexter? I'd imagine that'd be your kinda show. I'm just biting my way through the first series at the moment after having it recommended to me a few months ago by a fellow Sopranos fan. Obviously it's nothing like that show, but it's still really good.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:45 pm

Willy wrote:Dunno if I already asked you this, arover. But do you watch Dexter? I'd imagine that'd be your kinda show. I'm just biting my way through the first series at the moment after having it recommended to me a few months ago by a fellow Sopranos fan. Obviously it's nothing like that show, but it's still really good.

I've watched about three quarters of one episode. It aroused my interest and actually it's on one of the channels over here. At the moment though I'm concentrating on assembling the different seasons of The Wire.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:26 pm

The Terminal 2004 - Eastern immigrant finds himself stateless and is forced into taking up residence at JFK airport. Spielberg directed effort which is never really sure what it wants to be. It stars Tom Hanks but for me doesn't come off I couldn't take it seriously and found my attention wandering.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:47 pm

arover wrote:The Terminal 2004 - Eastern immigrant finds himself stateless and is forced into taking up residence at JFK airport. Spielberg directed effort which is never really sure what it wants to be. It stars Tom Hanks but for me doesn't come off I couldn't take it seriously and found my attention wandering.

This was arovers review, now here is mine:

The Terminal 2004 - Eastern immigrant finds himself stateless and is forced into taking up residence at JFK airport. Boring, shite, slower than Rick Wallers diet regime, a truly awful film, and I would rather Brillo pad my own balls than watch this again.
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:05 pm

I think I'll give that one a miss then.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovers Girl Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:14 pm

Twilight..starring the hotttt Robert Pattinson!
its an awesome movie...i loved it!
its bwt a girl who falls in love wid a vampire...it's just awesome!
u guys should try watching it Smile
Rovers Girl
Rovers Girl
League Two
League Two

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:19 pm

Rovers Girl wrote:Twilight..starring the hotttt Robert Pattinson!

Vampires Suck!!
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovers Girl Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:22 pm

StLedge wrote:
Rovers Girl wrote:Twilight..starring the hotttt Robert Pattinson!

Vampires Suck!!

u cant say dat...specially not bwt dis 1!
u'l understand after u'v wachd! Smile
Rovers Girl
Rovers Girl
League Two
League Two

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:26 pm

Laughing
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:34 pm

Willy wrote:Laughing

May i point out this is the laugh of our strict English teacher Wink

Sort the grammar out young lady! Laughing Laughing
DeadlyRovers
DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3963

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovers Girl Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:36 pm

DeadlyRovers wrote:

sowii...am i not allowd 2 ryt in txt?
Rovers Girl
Rovers Girl
League Two
League Two

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:40 pm

DeadlyRovers wrote:

Laughing I was actually laughin' because she didn't get the "vampires suck" joke and thought StLedge was actually saying "vampires are shit".

She's so cute and small. Awww! Laughing Wink
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:41 pm

Willy wrote:
DeadlyRovers wrote:

Laughing I was actually laughin' because she didn't get the "vampires suck" joke and thought StLedge was actually saying "vampires are shit".

Laughing Sorry willy my mistake.

RG write in whatever form you like.
DeadlyRovers
DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovers Girl Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:44 pm

DeadlyRovers wrote:
Willy wrote:
DeadlyRovers wrote:

OMG was it suposd 2 b a joke?Embarassed
Rovers Girl
Rovers Girl
League Two
League Two

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:46 pm

DeadlyRovers wrote:
Willy wrote:
DeadlyRovers wrote:

I won't go around telling people how to type, I usually pick OldhamRover up on his for I know it annoys him, because he's actually really sharp. I don't really understand the text talk to be honest, it's beyond even me at 25 years old. I think I bypassed all that stuff. No, I don't favour it, but the forum is for everyone and you have to give and take. I'm sure OldhamRover thinks I'm an obnoxious prick but we just get on with it. Smile
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovers Girl Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:49 pm

Willy wrote:
DeadlyRovers wrote:
Willy wrote:
DeadlyRovers wrote:

I won't go around telling people how to type, I usually pick OldhamRover up on his for I know it annoys him, because he's actually really sharp. I don't really understand the text talk to be honest, it's beyond even me at 25 years old. I think I bypassed all that stuff. No, I don't favour it, but the forum is for everyone and you have to give and take. I'm sure OldhamRover thinks I'm an obnoxious prick but we just get on with it. Smile

hehehe..i'l try my best writing in full..im just used to writing in text thats y!
Rovers Girl
Rovers Girl
League Two
League Two

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:51 pm

Aye i've seen you say it to Oldham before Willy hence why i was making a joke out of it with RG's comments. Oldham was correcting me on a spelling the other day Laughing
DeadlyRovers
DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:54 pm

I think it comes down to the fact that me and OldhamRover get very bored during the day.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:56 pm

Willy wrote:
DeadlyRovers wrote:
Willy wrote:
DeadlyRovers wrote:

I wouldn't call you an obnoxious prick...I've got a much wider vocabulary to curse you with before resorting to profanity.
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next