Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film I Watched Was....

+22
Flylife
PieEater
mcteeth
Roverdamus
Samba
DutchBRFC
BlueCabbage
don't push just shove ,
rob_of_the_robots
RW
African Rover
randomsam
Rovers Girl
Rover the Sea
OldhamRover
StLedge
Finger
Reidy Youre a Star
DodgyGambit
Willy
DeadlyRovers
arover
26 posters

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by Willy Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:47 pm

Nice one. ok

Apparently the trailer has all the funniest bits in it and it's more cringeworthy than funny, but we'll see. I rarely take my friends' advice on films, mainly due to most of them thinking Jay and Silent Bob and Clerks are the funniest films ever. Rolling Eyes

Can't stand Kevin Smith - he's the most overrated 'comedy' writer out there.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 20 Empty Re: The Last Film I Watched Was....

Post by DodgyGambit Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:47 pm

willy

take a look at the trailer for the new movie '2012' with john cusack
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06

https://fortressewood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:00 pm

Yeah, I heard about that. Are you recommending that to me because I've made so many comments about David Icke, New World Order and the end of the world?...lol Laughing
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:28 pm

Willy wrote:Nice one. ok

Apparently the trailer has all the funniest bits in it and it's more cringeworthy than funny, but we'll see. I rarely take my friends' advice on films, mainly due to most of them thinking Jay and Silent Bob and Clerks are the funniest films ever. Rolling Eyes

Can't stand Kevin Smith - he's the most overrated 'comedy' writer out there.

True.

I saw it last night, and there are bits that are genuinely (sp) funny, but the majority of the humour comes from an overly gay SBC in amongst homophobic yanks.

Not really worth going to the cinema to see. I'm glad i've seen it, but I'd have to be bored to watch it again.
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1047

Back to top Go down

Post by Samba Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:20 pm

im not like the kevin smith bashing going on here. i love all his films

i did see bruno last week and it was hilarious and i think the misses is dragging me to see the new harry potter film tomorrow even though i havent seen all the others
Samba
Samba
Sunday League
Sunday League

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:26 pm

Milk 2008 - The story of Harvey Milk the gay rights activist who was assassinated. Sean Penn is in the title role and he really pulls it off, playing the part convincingly. This film was one of the nominations for best picture last year and I can see why. Directed expertly by Gus Van Sandt this film is a definite 8/10.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

The Last Film I Watched Was.... - Page 20 Empty The Next film I'm going to watch

Post by RW Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:31 am

I’m going to watch Harry Potter tonight. When this started, I wasn’t a big fan preferring more ‘grown up’ fantasy (if there is such a thing – SL, Willy, behave). But as they went on it got better so I’m actually quite looking forward to this one.

Plus, Emma Watson…… :jackoff:

Rating to follow tomorrow
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:36 am

I was thinking about watching that as well. I will wait for your review. (To be honest I'd probably go and see it even if you say it's crap.)
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Samba Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:46 am

im def seeing that today now. buy one get one free at odeon. youve got to love to love orange wednesdays
Samba
Samba
Sunday League
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:05 am

Might be a bit busy tonight if you’re just turning up to watch it. The cinema I’m going to has already thrown on an extra screening.
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by Samba Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:16 am

the misses is off to book us some tickets as soon as the cinema opens today and we will then go later on
Samba
Samba
Sunday League
Sunday League

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:58 pm

Robert Muldoon wrote:Clever Girl
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:52 pm

lol!

That was quality.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:11 pm

Just watched Bruno. I found it hilarious in parts but it was mostly cringeworthy stuff. I would give it a 7/10 as it was alright but not one that will have you rushing to the cinema to watch.
DeadlyRovers
DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3963

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:04 pm

wateched bruno 2day as well found it mostly cringeworthy, 90% of the movie has a cock in it...i watched the rated 18 version so there was a lot of cocks being shown, the rated 15 version will have less of it when it is edited next week.

3/10

only funny part was the whole black baby segment
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618

https://fortressewood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:11 pm

DodgyGambit wrote:90% of the movie has a cock in it.

Don't say that. Baron-Cohen is cool as fook! Wink

Seriously, that's the only review I needed to tell me not to watch that film.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:22 am

So Harry Potter....

Watched it last night. Enjoyed it. Nuff said.

Or not. If you like the series of films/books, you'll like this. There's one or two additions/alterations that had us scratching our heads, but didn't detract from the film at all. It was a bit slow in places, but it seems that it's set up for the last (two??) films.

Plus, Hermione looks good.
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:03 am

Taken 2008 - Liam Neeson plays an ex spy who goes to Paris on a quest to rescue his naive daughter who has been kidnapped by a gang of sinister Albanians as fodder for the sex industry. He does a decent impersonation of Jack Bauer in this movie even including the torture scene. I didn't count how many baddies Liam wastes but it's a lot but hey they had it coming. No grey areas in this film, strictly black and white. Unusual to see Neeson in such a role, not my favourite type of film but of its type not too bad.

arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:26 am

I saw Taken a while ago at the cinema, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a no-thinking type film, and Neeson does very well in an unfamiliar role (in my view).
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:12 pm

RW wrote:I saw Taken a while ago at the cinema, and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a no-thinking type film, and Neeson does very well in an unfamiliar role (in my view).

Yes it is a no-thinking type film and is not bad of its ilk, I just really can't get worked up about the ilk. I like seeing Albanian sex traders battered though.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovers Girl Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:20 am

the fast and the furious 4
I'd give it a 9/10
Rovers Girl
Rovers Girl
League Two
League Two

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidy Youre a Star Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:16 pm

The Unborn (2009):

Not particularly scarey or suspensy and the special effects were pretty shoite. Not brilliant.

4/10.
Reidy Youre a Star
Reidy Youre a Star
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1840

Back to top Go down

Post by Rovers Girl Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:40 pm

The condemned- it’s about a multi millionaire who wants to start a reality show. He gets 10 bad guys from prisons all around the world and puts them on an island. There can only be one winner so they all have to kill each other.
I found it really violent and disgusting and gross. It’s a guy movie, not for chicks!
A good movie over all I’d give it an 8/10
Rovers Girl
Rovers Girl
League Two
League Two

Number of posts : 637
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:43 pm

Rovers Girl wrote:The condemned- it’s about a multi millionaire who wants to start a reality show. He gets 10 bad guys from prisons all around the world and puts them on an island. There can only be one winner so they all have to kill each other.
I found it really violent and disgusting and gross. It’s a guy movie, not for chicks!
A good movie over all I’d give it an 8/10

So it was violent, disgusting and gross but you still liked it enough to give it an 8/10? Laughing scratch Laughing

Sounds like a giant rip-off of Battle Royale from your description. Might have a look at what IMDb say about it, sounds like my kinda film...
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:46 pm

Just looked it up. It has 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin and Vinnie Jones as the two main characters. That in itself is a definite "NO".

Speaking of Vinnie Jones, saw a film called 'The Midnight Meat Train' with him in it a few months back. Not too bad actually, crap ending though. Probably a decent watch for any thriller/horror fans.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next