Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leicester V Blackburn

3 posters

Go down

Leicester V Blackburn Empty Leicester V Blackburn

Post by StLedge Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:32 pm

Midfielder Matty James comes back into the reckoning for Leicester after serving a one-match suspension.

James's return means centre-half Sean St Ledger is the only absentee for manager Nigel Pearson.

Blackburn will be without midfielder Lee Williamson who was sent off in the tempestuous Lancashire derby against Burnley at the weekend.

And experienced midfielder David Dunn remains sidelined with the knee injury that kept him out at Turf Moor.

MATCH FACTS
Head-to-head

• This is only the second season Leicester and Blackburn find themselves in the Championship together since both dropped down from the Premier League 10 years ago.

• Leicester are looking for a fourth successive home league win over Rovers, having beaten them 3-0 in February with headed goals from Chris Wood and Andy King either side of a strike from Harry Kane on his home debut.

• Blackburn have picked up four points from their last eight winless trips to Leicester, following their 3-1 victory in the second tier in January 1991.

Leicester City

• Leicester are seeking a fourth win in five league games, and a fifth of this Championship campaign.

• A draw would see the Foxes take their total of points in second-tier league football to 3,000.

• The Foxes have already won two league games from losing positions - only Leeds match that.

Blackburn Rovers

• Gary Bowyer has seen his Blackburn side click into gear - after one point and one goal from the first three matches Blackburn have gained seven points in the last three, scoring 10 goals.

• Rovers are yet to win away from home.

• Last season's top scorer Jordan Rhodes is one of six Blackburn players who have been involved in every minute of this Championship campaign, and one of seven different scorers of league goals for the club, having netted five times in his past three outings.

Venue: King Power Stadium
Date: Tuesday 17 SeptemberKick-off: 19:45 BST
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Leicester V Blackburn Empty Re: Leicester V Blackburn

Post by glosterrover Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:53 pm

3-0, Rhodes can't do it all himself and I fear we may be being found out.Bowyers ideas and tactics are sound we just don't have the talent to back it up!!!
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:01 am

I think we will lose 2-1 Smile
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618

https://fortressewood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:51 pm

I like GB, I really do but I am starting to feel he doesn't have the depth of experience to get us back in to a game when we concede, which is every game.
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:26 pm

I give it 3-4 weeks and he will be gone!!!! we are sub standard and not improving
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:52 pm

I'm not going to start a GB bashing here, but he seems hell bent on getting rid of all of our experienced players and replcing them with younger players. Having youth in the team isn't a bad thing but not in every position and certainly not in the Championship!!
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:22 pm

You'll never win anything with kids!!!!!!
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:14 pm

I don't know, I'm top of the register......
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:01 pm

Smarties into confessional Vicar????? Laughing 
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down