Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rovers V Forset (Review)

2 posters

Go down

Rovers V Forset (Review) Empty Rovers V Forset (Review)

Post by StLedge Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:12 pm

Darius Henderson scored late on as Nottingham Forest claimed a first league win at Ewood Park since 1999.

Henderson's goal came in time added on after a frenetic game, when Blackburn goalkeeper Jake Kean failed to gather.

Jamie Mackie pounced on the loose ball and Henderson made no mistake with a carefully placed shot from 18 yards.

It is only the second time in 16 years that Forest have won back-to-back matches at the start of a season. But Blackburn are without a league victory.

The pace was frantic throughout but the game was bereft of clear-cut chances. One of Rovers' best came 10 minutes before the break when Jordan Rhodes met Alan Judge's curling free-kick but headed wide from 12 yards.

But Forest responded with a chance of their own before half-time, when Radoslaw Majewski released Henderson down the left. His cutback found the Polish midfielder and his 12-yard shot was destined for goal but for a fine headed clearance from Tommy Spurr.

After the break, Rovers were almost undone by the most basic of build-ups when a long clearance by Forest goalkeeper Karl Darlow was beautifully controlled by substitute Matt Derbyshire but the former Blackburn forward was thwarted by Grant Hanley.

But Forest would not be denied and snatched the victory when Mackie and Kean contested a long ball that the goalkeeper spilled. Mackie was alert and squared to Henderson, who hammered home.

Blackburn manager Gary Bowyer:

"It wasn't a classic of a game but I thought we showed fighting qualities and we pushed Forest as close as we possibly could.

"In my opinion, they're one of the favourites with the manager they've got and the money they've got, so we've got some positives to take.

"We haven't played as well as we can."

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies:

"We've still got to work around Darius Henderson and we know that. He's a player that can put in an outstanding performance and lead the line.

"It was a wonderful goal. It wasn't an easy ball to take. It was a very good finish.

"The second half was end-to-end, but overall you get what you deserve and I thought Henderson got what he deserved with his performance."

StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Rovers V Forset (Review) Empty Re: Rovers V Forset (Review)

Post by StLedge Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:13 pm

Could have done so much better. Once Rhodie starts knocking them in we should pick up a little bit of speed, we just need to get the ball to him but not via The Hooof!
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:50 pm

Now Rochina is out for months we are devoid of talent to feet it seems
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:30 pm

Well Cairney is back tonight after his suspension, so that mighht just spark a little bit of solidity in midfield.
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:32 pm

We desperately need a bit of that
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:25 pm

Oh hell yes.
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down