Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Derby vs Rovers 1-1

3 posters

Go down

Derby vs Rovers 1-1 Empty Derby vs Rovers 1-1

Post by DodgyGambit Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:42 pm

My thoughts on the game.

We looked lively at the start, Rochina seemed to be the man to get the ball to. As with the start of the previous season I think he makes too many bad choices in what he should do, often opting to shoot rather than play the simple pass to a player in space. Unfortunate he got injured and we kind of lost our shape when he was taken off. Derby I thought deserved the goal, that blonde peroxide kid in their side (forget his name) was controlling the game. My gripe is that I hope Marrow gets fined for that handball, I see no reason why he would even lift his arm, no one pushed him, it was deliberate and could have cost us the game.

Decent second half and we deserved our goal, although I thought Best didn't exactly have a great game.
Player watch:

Kean did alright in goal nothing to really trouble him
Spurr looked a good left back, Kane was quite the opposite found himself losing position and ball on too many occasions, he seemed to be the weak point in defence. Dann decent enough, Hanley ok although I still worry for this lad as some of his challenges are a bit rash and at times doesn't bust a gut to get back to defence when we lose the ball from a corner.

Midfield is a worry, Lowe and Marrow did not impress me didn't close down, too many passes going backwards, at times back to keeper when there was not an opposition player with 10 feet of them, no creativety whatsoever, both looked lost at times both chasing the same player leaving other opposition players free. King, didn't do much never really used his pace against their left back. Judge, played really well very impressed ran all over the place, quick burst of pace, quick feet probably lacking a killer touch nearer to goal.

Rhodes, hardly noticed him besides his header in the first half, a bit isolated. Best good goal but nothing much else from him.

Bowyer - made good positive substitutions when we were losing, but central midfield needs to change.

Happy for the draw
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06

https://fortressewood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Derby vs Rovers 1-1 Empty Re: Derby vs Rovers 1-1

Post by glosterrover Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:08 pm

We've signed Songo'o now Dodge so should be a wake up for Hanley as have heard he looks reasonable,Good result given the injury to Rochina/needless handball and Bowyers decisions impressed so hopefully the stability we desperately need will follow,good start
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:57 pm

I was away all weekend so didn't get to see any of it Sad

I have read other fans reviews and there is a mixed bag but all/most agree on Judge, so hopefully some good things to come from him in the near future.

Rochina has a lot of skill and I think he really wants to impress, I think though he would impress more people if he didn't try so hard at trying to impress.
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:41 pm

I'm impressed with your statement there Sledge Laughing 
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:04 pm

Makes sense, right?
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:41 pm

Undoubtedly
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:09 pm

Then that's all matters.
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content