Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Boxing Thread

+9
RoversLad123
glosterrover
Roverdamus
rob_of_the_robots
StLedge
RTM08
Willy
OldhamRover
DodgyGambit
13 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Boxing Thread Empty Boxing Thread

Post by DodgyGambit Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:10 pm

Seems we have a lot of boxing news in the sports section, decided to create a new section where we can talk about upcoming fights here etc.
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618
Registration date : 2008-10-06

https://fortressewood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Boxing Thread Empty Re: Boxing Thread

Post by DodgyGambit Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 pm

So i stayed up for the Clottey vs Pacman fight and gotta say it was a waste and I would have been better off sleeping. Pacman pulled out all the shots while Clottey decided to pretty much hold his gloves to his face 99% of the match without really responding. Pacman won deservedly almost winning every round in my opinion. Things to note if Mayweather does get past Moseley I dont think he will be as worried about Pacman. Mayweather is the best defensive boxer in the world no doubt but i dont see him having problems hitting Pacman. I think Clottey landed a large percentage of punches thrown in the fight, after he hit one he would follow up with 2 or 3 more all pretty much getting through before deciding to go back to his defensive routine for the next 2mins 57secs of the round.

Whether Pretty Boy has the power to knock him out is a different story, I still hope for a pacman win against him but wasnt impressed with his showing yesterday.
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:46 pm

I watched the Pacquaio fight on fast-forward using Sky+ (a thought for F1 in its currents state), and I've seen nothing to change my opinion that he doesn't have enough to beat Mayweather. I wouldn't go as far as to say that Floyd would knock him out, but he's extraordinary at protecting himself and picking his shots, whilst Manny relies on overwhelming (usually quite slow) opponents with his hand speed rather than actually having the guile to switch the angle and find a way through someone's defence.

I see Khan has lined up Malignaggi for his next fight. I doubt I'll watch it because I deeply dislike both of them, I just hope one of them takes a severe beating to make the event worthwhile. Shocked to see that ITV are supposedly broadcasting this one, clearly Sky realised Khan isn't as big a draw as he thinks he is.

Waiting for Mitchell/Katsidis and Fury/McDermott now.
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:17 pm

Mitchell vs Katsidis will be something to look forward to.
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:53 pm

Is Pacquiao v Mayweather ever gonna happen? Floyd is very smart and I think he's trying to generate more and more interest to get his PPV money to skyrocket, but it's coming across like he's ducking Pacquiao now and people are beginning to doubt him.

I'm a big Mayweather fan, he's got the best defence in boxing and an immaculate record. Unfortunately that sometimes means his fights aren't the greatest to watch, but Pacquiao is a proper brawler and if anyone can beat Mayweather then it'll be him. All this talk of drug testing is just a distraction, something Floyd is using to again generate more media interest, but Pacquiao is the one who has the right to make demands.

I think Floyd will (if it happens) beat Pacman, but it'll be the hardest fight of his career, and there could be a little part of him thinking, "my record could be all undone by this guy and I want to retire undefeated."

Has the makings of a fantastic fight, even with Mayweather's defensive style. I'm looking forward to it more than any fight in a long time.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:00 pm

To be honest Mayweather showed in his last fight against Mosely that he could go toe to toe, although i gotta say I was convinced he would have been knocked down if he hadnt grabbed onto mosely on the way down.

I think Mayweather lost his P4P king when he went into his 100th retirement and the Pacman took over, its Pacman who should be calling the shots.
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:27 pm

Mosley almost had Floyd there, yeah. But it goes to show that brains is more important that brawn in boxing at certain times and Floyd got the job done. He's the smartest fighter I've seen in my lifetime, dare I say the smartest since Ali.

Pacquaio is awesome, I like to watch him, but I just can't see Mayweather being beaten. It's possibly the biggest fight ever if it happens. It's just a shame there's no real talent coming through the ranks (especially in the Welterweight and above range). I'm praying for another Tyson to come through; someone who's had a terribly hard childhood and turns out to be (with help from an amazing trainer) the youngest heavyweight of all-time. I doubt we'll see anyone become heavyweight champ as young as Tyson, not in our lifetimes anyway. Sad
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Pacman will kill Mayweather imo... I dont like Mayweather, he just comes across as more arrogant than the other boxers around, I dont know why.

Pacman is the P4P king, of that I have no doubts. 7 world titles at different weights is unprecedented, therefore he is the ultimate P4P fighter.
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:02 pm

I feel that Mayweather is ducking Pacquiao and I am beginning to doubt him.
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Nah, he's a marketing whore and he wants his PPV money. I do, however, think there's a little doubt in Mayweather's mind as to whether he can beat Pacman, though.

Mayweather is too smart for Pacquaio. He'd tire him out.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Willy wrote:but it's coming across like he's ducking Pacquiao now and people are beginning to doubt him.

StLedge wrote:I feel that Mayweather is ducking Pacquiao and I am beginning to doubt him.

StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:21 pm

It's only coming across that way because you doubt Mayweather's ability to market himself properly, though.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:25 pm

No it's coming across that was because I dont really care about boxing and had nothing to add, so I took a snippet of your comment and turned it in to one of my own view so as to agree with you, which you pormptly turned around on me, leaving me confused and alone, i'm going to hide in the cupboard now.
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:29 pm

Beyatch. Go and talk about snooker or bowling. Evil or Very Mad
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:40 pm

StLedge wrote:No it's coming across that was because I dont really care about boxing and had nothing to add, so I took a snippet of your comment and turned it in to one of my own view so as to agree with you, which you pormptly turned around on me, leaving me confused and alone, i'm going to hide in the cupboard now.

Well whats the point in commenting then? Wink
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:39 pm

You are asking someone on a SPAMMERS forum, what is the point of commenting!!!

SHAME ON YOU!!!
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:42 pm

Sad Bully
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:51 pm

CHORLEY boxer Michael Jennings’ long-awaited British title fight with Kell Brook is back on – and it will now double up as a eliminator for Manny Pacquiao’s WBO world title.

Jennings had previously seen his clash with Brook postponed on three separate occasions, but it has now been announced to take place as part of a Frank Warren show at Birmingham’s LG Arena on September 18.

Brook, 24 and highly rated, vacated the British title earlier this year but will compete for the belt once more – although he is yet to take on anyone as experienced as 32-year-old former WBU world champion Jennings.

The winner of the bout will then be in contention to fight for the WBO world title, which Jennings challenged for last February when he lost to Miguel Cotto at Madison Square Garden in New York.

Pacquiao now holds the belt, although he is expected to fight Floyd Mayweather before the end of the year and then retire.
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:30 pm

Check out Shaq trying to take on Shane Mosley!! Shocked

He makes Sugar Shane look like a fucking midget, my GOD!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:33 pm

That is quite a size difference Shocked

Not that it made a difference Smile
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:39 pm

A boxer will always win. Shaq was just flailing his arms.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Hadnt noticed this:
On July 23, 2010, Bob Arum announced that Manny Pacquiao will fight on November 13, 2010, against Antonio Margarito for the vacant WBC super welterweight title, which gives Pacquiao the chance to win an eighth world title in his eighth weight class cheers

Shame he isnt facing Mayweather Sad

-----------------------------
And when is Haye taking on the Klitschko brothers?
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:47 pm

Haye is pissing his pants. He doesn't wanna fight either of them. I quite like Haye, he's technically very good, but he'd be hammered by either of the Ukrainians.

I was sure the Mayweather v Pacquaio fight would be happening but it's looking like it's either gonna be next year or maybe never. Hate to say it, but I think Mayweather is ducking him. I'm tired of defending him now, he needs to step up and stop talking about pay-per-views and making money. If he wants to go down in history as one of the best then he HAS to fight Manny. Remaining unbeaten is one thing, but Pacquiao is the most ferocious boxer in the weight, and Floyd needs to show some fucking balls.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:50 pm

What actually do you class as Manny's weight, he changes it every 10 minutes! Laughing
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:56 pm

I think the weights are bullshit, really. Gaining 8 or 9lbs and then moving up a weight is a load of crap. I'd class him as a light welterweight, but he should really be fighting Floyd at welterweight, in my opinion.

Floyd does have a point about the drug testing, but I just felt it was a convenient excuse to further pussy out. If you look at how they've both fought in the past, Manny has destroyed the opponents that Floyd has taken an age to beat, but that's just their styles. I think Mayweather is smarter than Manny and would just outsmart him and tire him out, but I think the contrasting styles would make for an amazing bout.

It'd no doubt be the best fight since Tyson was in the sport. It'll be a real shame if it doesn't happen.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next