Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What game are you currently playing?

+8
Samba
African Rover
StLedge
thebluehalf
DeadlyRovers
Willy
RW
rob_of_the_robots
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What game are you currently playing? Empty What game are you currently playing?

Post by rob_of_the_robots Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Kind of like the film and music threads, here's one for gaming.

I'm currently playing Fight Night 4 and Overlord. Fight Night is quite decent (I'm the unbeaten Featherweight champion of the world) and I've almost finished Overlord. It's quite humourous and there is quite a bit of fun to be had beating up Dwarves and Elves with your minions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7.3/10

7.7/10
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

What game are you currently playing? Empty Re: What game are you currently playing?

Post by RW Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:32 pm

Playing

Mainly, where I am, to be modest, doing fucking amazing!!

Also spreading time on the 360 between

Which is fun as you can be good/bad and the dog is muchos entertaining,

and

Cause it's the shit and I'm a geek.
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

What game are you currently playing? Empty Re: What game are you currently playing?

Post by rob_of_the_robots Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Force Unleashed was ok but not brilliant. I just ran around in a sith robe thing which I found in the junkyard place
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:50 pm

RW wrote:Playing

Aye, I'm on the same. Just had to start a new one though because for some reason my laptop decided it'd erase my saved game, where I was in 2018-2019. Sad
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:10 pm

Willy wrote:Aye, I'm on the same. Just had to start a new one though because for some reason my laptop decided it'd erase my saved game, where I was in 2018-2019. Sad

Noooooooooooooo :grrrr:

I'm in 2015 at the mo. I do try and change save games every 6 months or so just in case.

Who was that monster with? Blackburn? Starting again with them?
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:25 pm

Yeah, I started that particular one with Rovers and some of the re-gens I had were nothing short of amazing. I remember the names of my whole squad, seriously. They were the best FM/CM team I've ever had and I was devastated when it went because I had certain players who were just reaching 26/27 (so in their prime, really) and I wanted to see how far they'd go. Not to mention I was England manager as well, and out of the England starting XI, nine of them were my players.

Just started a new one with Chelsea (I know, yuck), but I know their squad inside out and I wanted some cash. Fucking hate starting again though, I've just ended up buying the exact same players I've had previously, like, Miguel Veloso, Andres Guardardo, Mamadou Sakho, etc...
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:31 pm

I was playing Mirrors Edge all weekend.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:02 pm

DeadlyRovers
DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3963

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluehalf Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:08 pm

Willy wrote:Yeah, I started that particular one with Rovers and some of the re-gens I had were nothing short of amazing. I remember the names of my whole squad, seriously. They were the best FM/CM team I've ever had and I was devastated when it went because I had certain players who were just reaching 26/27 (so in their prime, really) and I wanted to see how far they'd go. Not to mention I was England manager as well, and out of the England starting XI, nine of them were my players.

Just started a new one with Chelsea (I know, yuck), but I know their squad inside out and I wanted some cash. Fucking hate starting again though, I've just ended up buying the exact same players I've had previously, like, Miguel Veloso, Andres Guardardo, Mamadou Sakho, etc...

Veloso + Sakho = Win.

Tried Cesar Azpilicueta? Best RB i've ever had.
thebluehalf
thebluehalf
Conference
Conference

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2009-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:23 pm

Yeah, I've had him before but on 2008. The worst thing about starting a new one is that first season when no-one can get anywhere near Arsenal. Whoever scouted them for that game has clearly bummed them too much. They have WAY too much money, Adebayor and Fabregas play far too well, and they have too many players with exaggerated stats.

My best team in terms of a team that contains players who are on the game from the start was...

Hugo Lloris
Lorenzo Di Silvestre
Federico Fazio
Mamadou Sakho
Gael Clichy (although it was Marcelo at first who you can get for £4.4m at the beginning and sell for silly amounts. I asked Arsenal for £15m + Clichy and they took it - wankers)
Andres Guardardo
Miguel Veloso
Javi Martinez
Miralem Pjanic
Oscar Cardozo (for some reason your scouts and coaches don't rate him, but every time I've had him he's been prolific)
Mario Balotelli

That was probably my best performing XI, but I've played this game to death so I've had pretty much every -9 or -10 potential youngster on the game at some point.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:47 am

I was playing Fight Night yesterday and I was the unbeaten Featherweight champion of the world (after moving up from Bantamweight), when the whole thing crashed in February 2018. I've tried various different things but it just keeps crashing at the exact same date. Sad I decided to retire my boxer though so I got 50 gamer points.
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:36 am

You playing originals Rob?
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:49 am

Originals what? I created a new boxer from scratch.
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:05 am

Your games, are they originals or copies?
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:07 am

Yes, I bought them fair and square. Apparently a few people have been having the same problem with FN freezing on them. I'm just one of hte unlucky few. Sad I was just getting good as well.
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by African Rover Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:06 pm

Playing FM in season 34/35. Don't judge me Graham Nicholls needs time to live his own life too
African Rover
African Rover
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:21 pm

Seriously? season 34/35? Well done. That's some acheivement.
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by DeadlyRovers Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:22 pm

Blimey that is good going. I'm on season 17/18.
DeadlyRovers
DeadlyRovers
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3963

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:03 pm

Even AR's regens will be retired soon! Shocked
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samba Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:16 pm

is it bad that im currently playing sims 3 and am getting quite addicted to it
Samba
Samba
Sunday League
Sunday League

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:36 pm

The only thing I liked about the original Sims was making the house (after using the monet cheat to get millions of Simoleans). You could build a floating house by using just pillars as the ground floor and then deleting them.

On a further note about Fight Night, I started a new Legacy mode as a heavyweight (after my othre one decided to freeze on me). Have to say, it is much easier being a Heavyweight. I've had 6 fights and the longest one was a 4th round KO victory.
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:55 pm

rob_of_the_robots wrote:The only thing I liked about the original Sims was making the house (after using the monet cheat to get millions of Simoleans). You could build a floating house by using just pillars as the ground floor and then deleting them.

True.

Once the house was built that was the fun gone.

Apart from giving people amusing names, like Mustapha Shit, Jack Pott and Ivana Fuckalot etc. NB these aren't real people and thus aren't in the phone book.
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by Samba Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:03 pm

why did i never think of giving people stupid names on the sims. i really can be stupid
Samba
Samba
Sunday League
Sunday League

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:29 pm

Just finished Overlord. Now I'm on Overlord 2. Quite addictive really. geek
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:25 am

Started Batman Arkham Asylum on Sunday. Great game, the storyline is nice, the depth in detail of all the characters and info you collect is amazing. The combat is good too and you have to use stealth to defeat armed guards. There are lots of Riddler's puzzles to solve too which adds another level to the game and the voice acting is mainly outstanding (especially Mark Hamill as The Joker but Harley Quinn is very annoying)
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next