Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, Egypt's a mess

+4
glosterrover
RTM08
rob_of_the_robots
OldhamRover
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So, Egypt's a mess Empty So, Egypt's a mess

Post by OldhamRover Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Not particularly proud to say this, but for the first time I decided to flick Sky News on and see what was happening. I've got no idea why everyone is so upset, but a few things did occur to me.

1) After a hard day's rioting, does everyone just go home, do they sleep on the street, or what? They've been there for days now, they must all sleep somewhere.

2) This is the most organised riot I've ever seen. For a mob to rout riot police is actually a little bit amusing (if you can look past people getting killed and injured)

3) The UN is useless. "We strongly condemn the unacceptable situation in Egypt." That'll sort it out, Mr Moon.

4) All the pussies who were whining about the violence and destruction in London last year should take note, this is a riot, what we had was a disturbance of the peace.

Oh, while I'm on international affairs, good luck to the people of Queensland.
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

So, Egypt's a mess Empty Re: So, Egypt's a mess

Post by rob_of_the_robots Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:36 pm

Rioting seems to be a rather foreign thing nowadays, we've lost the knack. He has had an awfully long go wih the country though, time to let someone else have a do.
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:53 pm

This is the first time I've ever seen a reporter get involved to help somebody in something like this. Usually they stand there and watch whatever's happening and just commentate, but the Sky News guy actually went to stop a group from beating a guy to death.

I wish they'd stop saying Molotov cocktail, it sounds way too civilised for what's going on, makes it sound like they're going to pass round glasses and sit down for drinks. What's wrong with 'petrol bomb'?
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:41 pm

OldhamRover wrote:This is the first time I've ever seen a reporter get involved to help somebody in something like this. Usually they stand there and watch whatever's happening and just commentate, but the Sky News guy actually went to stop a group from beating a guy to death.

I wish they'd stop saying Molotov cocktail, it sounds way too civilised for what's going on, makes it sound like they're going to pass round glasses and sit down for drinks. What's wrong with 'petrol bomb'?

Only the Finnish should be allowed to call petrol bombs "Molotov cocktails".... they invented them afterall
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:55 pm

If they'd put a gelling agent into the petrol they could have had home-made napalm.
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:31 pm

Are you James Bond OR???? Laughing
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:50 pm

James Bond or who?
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by super_keith_andrews Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:54 pm

Willy wrote:James Bond or who?

Laughing
super_keith_andrews
super_keith_andrews
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3778
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:55 pm

glosterrover wrote:Are you James Bond OR???? Laughing

No, but I did have a very interesting (possibly sociopathic) chemistry teacher. If he's still telling pupils how to make explosives then he'll probably be carted away by anti-terror police any day, but it was definitely more interesting than putting iron filings in a Bunsen burner.
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by super_keith_andrews Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:56 pm

Shocked My Chemistry teacher was like that too.
super_keith_andrews
super_keith_andrews
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3778
Registration date : 2010-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Ours wasn't. He was a cunt.

Our biology teacher was really fit, though. And I shagged her on the last day of school. I've never actually told anyone that before. cheers
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Was she actually fit or was she just fit to a schoolkid? Either way, win cheers
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:23 pm

Both schools I went to had fit biology teachers.

First one only lasted a few months, though, because Mohsin Hussein brought in a magazine with pictures of her posing in school uniform (and gradually less school uniform). She got replaced by a weird fella who never made eye contact with anyone.

Second one was engaged to the PE teacher who used to walk through the changing room to the shower completely naked. Never hurried up about it either, just strolled through with his business swinging in the breeze.
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:23 pm

No, she was really fit. I actually got into trouble on time because I went round to her house and she told another teacher (fuck knows why), and they said they should've got the police involved. Weird, considering all I did was walk two streets down from my house, knock on her door, and ask her sister if she was in. :/
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:42 pm

I'd be worried if I were Israeli. Egypt being controlled by a group called The Muslim Brotherhood can't be good.

Funnily enough, I was watching a thing about the Six Day War the other day. Crafty buggers them Jews.
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:37 pm

"Crafty" is one word for it, yeah. Very Happy

Honestly, I don't think the Israelis have a whole lot to worry about. As long as the U.S. keep funding the Zionists then Israel will be more or less safe from the meanie-poo Muslims.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:47 pm

The US give a lot of money to Egypt, too. Whether or not that will continue when the Muslim Brotherhood are in charge remains to be seen. I can see a few rednecks staging their own coup if they found out that Obama was giving tens of millions of dollars to a radical Islamic regime.

In fact, most of the equipment that the Egyptian army is using to do whatever it is they think they're doing at the moment came from America. (All their Russian tanks were bombed by the Israelis)
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:59 pm

If it came down to it I'm sure Egypt have people capable of building something completely ahead of its time. They've done it before. Whistle
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:00 pm

Can't be arsed starting a new thread for this, so I'll post here...

So the Yank politicians are gathering together and suggesting "air strikes" in Syria due to the "atrocities" there recently.

About two years ago I did some research into Syria and surrounding areas and it became apparent that Syria would be next on the U.S. government's radar in terms of rape and pillage. Since then, "civil war" has broken out, and not by coincidence. These wars are caused by creating civil unrest, feeding the people bad politics and negative media stories, thus getting everyone all worked up so they start killing each other. The plan is then to allow them to start blowing up each other's families until it gets to a point where the World Police have 'no choice' but to get involved.

Get ready for another fuckery bullshit war where, more than likely, OUR soldiers will be going over there to "keep the peace" while the drills go out and start sucking up all the oil. Prepare for news stories about dead soldiers, murdered civilians and all the rest of it, while the Yanks sneak in through the back door and steal anything worth stealing. I'm fucking sick of people pleading ignorance to this sort of stuff. The Americans will continue to do this and there won't be an end to it until they're wiped out. Not that I'm suggesting they should be wiped out, of course, because I would never be so extreme as to suggest something so atrocious. After all, they're bigger and better than everyone else, and their lives are clearly worth more than some raghead Arabs in a desert over yonder.

Rant over (for now).
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:37 pm

So who's next after Syria?
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:25 pm

Didn't you read Willy's post, the Yanks are after Syria next.
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by glosterrover Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:46 pm

Have you also heard about the British businessman who was extradited to America on Gun running charges and they have refused him bail because "he poses a threat to the public" and they are subsequently keeping him locked up in a windowless room for 23 hours a day....he's in his 60's for fucks sake......bloody fascist bastards
glosterrover
glosterrover
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7789
Registration date : 2010-08-05
Location : oxfordshire strangely,but as they say you can take the boy out of......

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:16 pm

rob_of_the_robots wrote:So who's next after Syria?

I'd say Iran, more than likely.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RTM08 Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Fuck America. In fact, fuck all of these so called "superpowers" of the west. They're just trying to make a quick buck because they know that Eastern powers are growing by the day and will eventually take over us all!

It would be a bad move to start on Iran too, with what they have at their disposal I doubt they'd be too afraid of losing it when the Americans are close to taking complete control.

This human race is going down the shitter. The last line of one of my favourite albums of 2011 sums it up perfectly: "In a world devoid of divinity, only the human remains".
RTM08
RTM08
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5935
Registration date : 2009-02-15

http://www.hawx.comxa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:57 pm

glosterrover wrote:Have you also heard about the British businessman who was extradited to America on Gun running charges and they have refused him bail because "he poses a threat to the public" and they are subsequently keeping him locked up in a windowless room for 23 hours a day....he's in his 60's for fucks sake......bloody fascist bastards

Is this the guy who was accused by the USA of supplying batteries to Iran as they 'could' be used in missiles?

He volunteered to go there (from the UK) to face the ridiculous accusations and they have refused bail as they claim he is a flight risk??
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum: