Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Fortress Ewood
Please Log In or Register to view the full content of the Forum, including latest Rovers news, other football news, Live Links to Rovers Matches, Streaming Movies and TV Shows etc.
Fortress Ewood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RW's moaning thread

+19
PieEater
thebluehalf
Rovers Girl
BlueCabbage
Joe-Villa
Roverdamus
DeadlyRovers
don't push just shove ,
African Rover
DodgyGambit
OldhamRover
blackburndan
StLedge
arover
Willy
Reidy Youre a Star
rob_of_the_robots
Rover the Sea
RW
23 posters

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Go down

RW's moaning thread Empty RW's moaning thread

Post by RW Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:17 pm

All welcome.

Need to vent your spleen? Sorry, I think somewhere may be required to moan about the ineptitude of certain facets of life, be it work (usually I imagine), people, traffic or whatever you want really.

I just walked past a meeting room in work and heard someone say this as they came out: "That has to be the most horriblest thing to happen." I'm sorry, what? First off horriblest - is it a word. I doubt it. Secondly, 'most horriblest' ? Even if horriblest was a word, it would not need to be preceded by the word 'most' - It's like saying something is the most best.

Right, I'm done. I just think that people who can't speak proper England (sic) should be taught. Or something worse. I don't know. Right, do a quick spell check to cater for all you pedants Wink
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-10-06

Back to top Go down

RW's moaning thread Empty Re: RW's moaning thread

Post by Rover the Sea Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:33 pm

Pet hate - Pin number Grrrrrrr

Worse still, I used my pin number at the atm machine :~X( :
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3177
Registration date : 2008-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:35 pm

You used your personal identification number number at the automated teller machine machine?
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:39 pm

More worser still - I used my pin number at the atm machine at tescos!

Tescos? Tescos?? Which ones you illiterate twat? :grrrr:
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by rob_of_the_robots Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:44 pm

It's funny when people say obeast instead of obese because they are in fact beasts.
rob_of_the_robots
rob_of_the_robots
Champions League
Champions League

Number of posts : 7840
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:48 pm

I'm so pedantic about all this I read Lynne Truss's Eats, Shoots and Leaves (you know the joke?) to totally educate myself on the use of the apostrophe. Imagine the carnage if a guy called Richard put a nameplate on his in-tray without this sort of grammatical knowledge??

DICKS IN TRAY

Could be interesting in the office?
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by Rover the Sea Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:53 pm

My manager is an illiterate twat, he says Pacific instead of specific and prospectus instead of perspective.

eg. To be pacific, from my prospectus you will never be promoted, Sam (that's me).

So, I just roll my eyes and say, You're right, Brian (that's him) I could never make it to your level???
Rover the Sea
Rover the Sea
Premiership
Premiership

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:57 pm

affect and effect also do it for me. Why can't people get them right?

I didn't mean for this to be a general grammar complaint thread, but hey hum.

Eats Shoots and leaves - I've started it, but can only read it when i visit the folks as it's my mum's. And I keep forgetting where i am in the book pale
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidy Youre a Star Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Ooo, a rant thread. Been meaning to make one of these. Can the admin sticky this please? I feel it's gonna be used quite a lot! Laughing

1. People who walk into shops and just stand in the doorway and look around. Move out the way dumbass, there's other people trying to get past you! That also applies to randomly stopping in front of me when i'm walking through town. And, especially don't have the cheek to look at me like it was my fault i walked into you!! Do it again and i'm gonna punch you in the head! Old, young, man, woman, i don't care. You deserve it for your pig ignorance.

2. When you're sat at a junction waiting for a car to go past so you can get out and at the last minute they decide to indicate and turn into the road your sat waiting in. You could have easily indicated sooner to let me know! I've been sat here 2 minutes waiting for you to decide what you're gonna do you inconsiderate prick! :grrrr:

3. People who just text back "ok". You might as well have not bothered. Really gets my goat.

4. Kids in restaurants. If you're gonna bring your kids to a restaurant, make sure they bloody behave themselves. I'm paying through the ass for this and actually cleaned myself, i want to enjoy it, not have to listen to your bloody brat screaming and running up and down while i'm trying to have my steak, or the next time the old steak knife might just slip and Van Gough your little shit.

5. If i hold the door for you, or i stop in my car to let you cross or let you through, acknowledge the fact i've done it or next time i'm going to run you over. I didn't have to, so say thank you, you ignorant wanker.

6. Inept barmen. I've waited at the bar for 15 minutes. 15!! You've seen me there, i know you have because i've met your eyes multiple times. Yet, you still have the cheek to serve the girls that have just walked up to the bar. They aint gonna blow you for serving them quickly, but i will either 1. go somewhere else, or 2. jump across the bar and shove one of those Barcardi breezers up your fucking ass!

7. When in a pub taking a piss and some random dude goes to use the one next you and starts talking like he's your best friend. I don't know you, i don't wanna know you and more importantly i'm taking a piss! In the words of Dr Cox, there's absolutely no talking in the men's room!

8. People who drive in the middle lane at 60mph when the left hand lane is empty. It's not a slow, medium, fast lane, it's an overtaking lane! I can't overtkae you, because everybody else is overtaking me thanks to your dumb ass. Move over!!

9. Mobile phone music. I can understand people playing loud music in their cars, i do it myself if a good tune comes on, but playing loud (usually crap) music through your phone for everyone to hear is worthy of phone-asshole interface. I don't want to hear it, yet you're giving me no choice. I may return the favour and give you a pummelling you don't want. Sorry, you have no choice. Especially if you're on the same bus as me!

10. Cyclists. There's a pavement there. You pay no road tax, i do. So if you want to ride in the road, either pay some or wear some body armour, because i'm not moving for you. You want to ride in the road, get a car!!

Aaahhh.. that feels better.. a nice cleanising rant on a Beerday afternoon. I'm sure there'll be plenty added to it in time. People annoy the shit out of me.
Reidy Youre a Star
Reidy Youre a Star
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1840

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:54 pm

Reidy Youre a Star wrote:Ooo, a rant thread. Been meaning to make one of these. Can the admin sticky this please? I feel it's gonna be used quite a lot! Laughing

1. People who walk into shops and just stand in the doorway and look around. Move out the way dumbass, there's other people trying to get past you! That also applies to randomly stopping in front of me when i'm walking through town. And, especially don't have the cheek to look at me like it was my fault i walked into you!! Do it again and i'm gonna punch you in the head! Old, young, man, woman, i don't care. You deserve it for your pig ignorance.

2. When you're sat at a junction waiting for a car to go past so you can get out and at the last minute they decide to indicate and turn into the road your sat waiting in. You could have easily indicated sooner to let me know! I've been sat here 2 minutes waiting for you to decide what you're gonna do you inconsiderate prick! :grrrr:

3. People who just text back "ok". You might as well have not bothered. Really gets my goat.

4. Kids in restaurants. If you're gonna bring your kids to a restaurant, make sure they bloody behave themselves. I'm paying through the ass for this and actually cleaned myself, i want to enjoy it, not have to listen to your bloody brat screaming and running up and down while i'm trying to have my steak, or the next time the old steak knife might just slip and Van Gough your little shit.

5. If i hold the door for you, or i stop in my car to let you cross or let you through, acknowledge the fact i've done it or next time i'm going to run you over. I didn't have to, so say thank you, you ignorant wanker.

6. Inept barmen. I've waited at the bar for 15 minutes. 15!! You've seen me there, i know you have because i've met your eyes multiple times. Yet, you still have the cheek to serve the girls that have just walked up to the bar. They aint gonna blow you for serving them quickly, but i will either 1. go somewhere else, or 2. jump across the bar and shove one of those Barcardi breezers up your fucking ass!

7. When in a pub taking a piss and some random dude goes to use the one next you and starts talking like he's your best friend. I don't know you, i don't wanna know you and more importantly i'm taking a piss! In the words of Dr Cox, there's absolutely no talking in the men's room!

8. People who drive in the middle lane at 60mph when the left hand lane is empty. It's not a slow, medium, fast lane, it's an overtaking lane! I can't overtkae you, because everybody else is overtaking me thanks to your dumb ass. Move over!!

9. Mobile phone music. I can understand people playing loud music in their cars, i do it myself if a good tune comes on, but playing loud (usually crap) music through your phone for everyone to hear is worthy of phone-asshole interface. I don't want to hear it, yet you're giving me no choice. I may return the favour and give you a pummelling you don't want. Sorry, you have no choice. Especially if you're on the same bus as me!

10. Cyclists. There's a pavement there. You pay no road tax, i do. So if you want to ride in the road, either pay some or wear some body armour, because i'm not moving for you. You want to ride in the road, get a car!!

Aaahhh.. that feels better.. a nice cleanising rant on a Beerday afternoon. I'm sure there'll be plenty added to it in time. People annoy the shit out of me.

I like my Reidy for THIS reason. He's my rant-partner. (No homo, bro)
cheers
RW's moaning thread Camron-no-homo

I agree with all Reidy's and the "people who only text back "ok"" is a definite. When I text I honestly try and use the FULL allocation of letters. I think mine can send about 250 characters in a single text. It may sound a little tightfisted, but I feel like 10-12p to send a text message is arserape enough as it is; I want the MAXIMUM letterage I can get out of it! Not only that, why do people feel the need to have their button sounds on while they're texting? Fucking civil rights violation. Idiots.

Kids in restaurants. Yeah. Accidents with knives do happen, Reidy. I understand where you're coming from.

I'd like to add a couple: (by the way, RW, this is a great thread. Like Reidy, been meaning to start one up for a while but figured there aren't as many angry people on here as I thought.)

11. When I get into a taxi and the driver is talking on his handsfree to his bird, his wife or his bitch or whatever, and you're not sure whether he's saying "three-fifty, mate" or whether he's still talking about WKD and Benson's to his cunt on the phone. So you say, "what, pal?" and he replies with a mumble or something along the lines of "I'm not actually talking to you, sir". So then you get to where you're going and he actually does say "three-fifty", but going off past experiences you choose to ignore him, so he just sticks his hand out. I like that. Rolling Eyes

12. You're sat at home after work (not at the moment, I'm not. Sad ), and it's between 5pm and 6:30pm, so generally what most people would call 'teatime', and on comes an advert for 'Always - durable with Wings'. Now, is it just me or do they put panty-liner/tampon adverts on ONLY at a time when you're about to eat? I mean, I'm not scared of menstrual blood and I can handle a ride on the old red river from time to time, but I don't want to think about "heavy flow" when I'm putting a spoonful of bolognese sauce into my mouth. Stop showing those adverts at that time! Wankers!!!

Okay, I'm done for a little while now. Thanks RW. I love you. (See 'No Homo' pic at top of post)
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:58 pm

For the time being John Inman in "Are You Being Served"

Oh and Lee Bowyer in anything.
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:41 pm

Reidy Youre a Star wrote:6. Inept barmen. I've waited at the bar for 15 minutes. 15!! You've seen me there, i know you have because i've met your eyes multiple times. Yet, you still have the cheek to serve the girls that have just walked up to the bar. They aint gonna blow you for serving them quickly, but i will either 1. go somewhere else, or 2. jump across the bar and shove one of those Barcardi breezers up your fucking ass!

Reidy, really, you need to be careful what you type, if it weren't for the bit in green..................
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidy Youre a Star Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:48 pm

StLedge wrote:
Reidy Youre a Star wrote:6. Inept barmen. I've waited at the bar for 15 minutes. 15!! You've seen me there, i know you have because i've met your eyes multiple times. Yet, you still have the cheek to serve the girls that have just walked up to the bar. They aint gonna blow you for serving them quickly, but i will either 1. go somewhere else, or 2. jump across the bar and shove one of those Barcardi breezers up your fucking ass!

Reidy, really, you need to be careful what you type, if it weren't for the bit in green..................

lol!

Well spotted. You bastard! Embarassed

Willy, i fully agree with both of those, especially the tampon adverts. Nothing better than tucking into a tomato sausage and comes the jam rag advert.. pale
Reidy Youre a Star
Reidy Youre a Star
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:27 am

The one where you're sat at a junction and the idiots don't signal before turning in - definitely. And the lack of acknowledgement from ignorant fucks, also definitely.

A new one from the weekend - football players who dive at the level I play at. I mean, why? You're just asking to be kicked for the rest of the game. We have one player on our team who 'goes down easily' (oo er missus), but generally only after contact. One chump on Sunday took a blatant dive and won a free kick. Every tackle on him afterwards was through him to the ball. Punk.
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidy Youre a Star Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:28 pm

RW wrote:A new one from the weekend - football players who dive at the level I play at. I mean, why? You're just asking to be kicked for the rest of the game. We have one player on our team who 'goes down easily' (oo er missus), but generally only after contact. One chump on Sunday took a blatant dive and won a free kick. Every tackle on him afterwards was through him to the ball. Punk.

lol! Serves him right. Tit.

I've got one to add as well. People parking across from your drive, so you struggle to get your car out. Now, i'm not one for going over and asking people to move their cars, but i really should've this weekend. There were two cars parked back to back across from my drive, and another parked right next the driveway, so i had to try and thread the damn thing through the eye of a needle to get it out. This wouldn't be that big an ass ache if i had power steering, but that's besides the point. These inconsiderate cock weasels are the first one's to complain when the girfriend's visiting and just puts the car on the street, but it's usually just for a few hours. These assholes were there all frikkin' weekend! Although, they did see the rage on my face after the third time of nearly backing into them and moved it on Sunday afternoon, but it was too late, they've made the shit list now. In future, i might not be so careful getting my car out and take a few wing mirrors as trophies of my spite.
Reidy Youre a Star
Reidy Youre a Star
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by StLedge Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:52 pm

Reidy Youre a Star wrote:I've got one to add as well. People parking across from your drive, so you struggle to get your car out. Now, i'm not one for going over and asking people to move their cars, but i really should've this weekend. There were two cars parked back to back across from my drive, and another parked right next the driveway, so i had to try and thread the damn thing through the eye of a needle to get it out. This wouldn't be that big an ass ache if i had power steering, but that's besides the point. These inconsiderate cock weasels are the first one's to complain when the girfriend's visiting and just puts the car on the street, but it's usually just for a few hours. These assholes were there all frikkin' weekend! Although, they did see the rage on my face after the third time of nearly backing into them and moved it on Sunday afternoon, but it was too late, they've made the shit list now. In future, i might not be so careful getting my car out and take a few wing mirrors as trophies of my spite.

I think you need to hire a fucking great big JCB and park it in your driveway, and wait until they are all parked there and decide to take the JCB back to the plant hire. They might get the idea.
StLedge
StLedge
Admin

Number of posts : 10906

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidy Youre a Star Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Now that sounds like cracking idea : applause :
Reidy Youre a Star
Reidy Youre a Star
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by RW Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:39 pm

A new driving one. People who don't understand roundabouts.

I've just driven back from work and the incompetence shown by a woman driver (I don't want to conform to the stereotypical view of women drivers, but I imagined this would be a woman, and I was right) who didn't seem to realise how to get onto a roundabout amazed me. I reckon I was 2 or 3 minutes behind this car before it managed to pull onto a fairly small roundabout that offers good visibility. I don't even know what the problem was - sure, sometimes there were cars who you could see were turning off before reaching us that didn't signal - I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for those, but when the roundabout's actually empty, and still the numpty waits as a car approaches - giving this the time to travel 50 yards or so and then go onto the roundabout made me actually quite frustrated.

I like to think that I don't suffer from proper road rage, but this driver got me bloody close.

I feel somewhat better for ranting, but propose a radical solution to target the increasing numbers of these inept drivers:

A certain number of people (i.e. me, and possibly Reidy as he shows correlating opinions on certain matters) should be given the power to revoke driving licenses when such displays of incompetence occur within our proximity. Originally I thought of maybe just blowing the cars up there and then, but this may be extreme.

Ah, that was a good rant.
RW
RW
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by blackburndan Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:35 pm

O goody complaining about drivers:- Fuck me I drive on the wrong side to most of you back there which is testing enough but then you get as you would call it a SUNDAY driver slowing all the fucking traffic down not giving a shit about the people behind them nearly running people over on level crossings then looking like they are going to turn of and cut back in front of you with a near miss. Now this used to be as the name might give you a clue only on a siunday but living here you get it every Fucking day with ever god for saken nationalty going!

Ow and i dont give a fuck about the spelling thing i cant spell for shit and am i boverd!!
blackburndan
blackburndan
League One
League One

Number of posts : 951
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Reidy Youre a Star Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:42 am

There'd be noone left driving in Blackburn if you gave me the power to revoke the liscences of inept drivers Twisted Evil Let's do it.
Reidy Youre a Star
Reidy Youre a Star
Championship
Championship

Back to top Go down

Post by arover Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:09 am

Police roadblocks in Turkey.

Passport

Driving Licence

Car Documents........................................
arover
arover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 3649
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by OldhamRover Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:18 pm

I hate alarm clocks. Why do I pay for something that often doesn't work or just isn't loud enough to serve it's purpose? Plus, mine makes an intensely annoying buzzing sound all day and stops me falling asleep at times.

I also hate morons who can't drive or who think they won't ever crash despite poor weather conditions. If they hit a barrier and die they'll make me late, and that's just inconsiderate.
OldhamRover
OldhamRover
Premiership
Premiership

Number of posts : 5445
Registration date : 2008-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Willy Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:30 pm

My favourite is when kids think they're harder than cars. They step in front of you and then offer your car a fight. It's like, "erm, I think I'll win if it comes down to a ton of metal Vs a skinny scroat." Rolling Eyes

Another good 'un is when someone tells you they'll be 30 minutes and so you go to 'the meeting place' ten minutes early and they still aren't there after an hour. If you're gonna be late then call me and let me know, don't just turn up three hours later with a beaming smile and a half-arsed apology.
Willy
Willy
Admin

Number of posts : 9876
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DodgyGambit Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:37 pm

Reidy Youre a Star wrote:Ooo, a rant thread. Been meaning to make one of these. Can the admin sticky this please? I feel it's gonna be used quite a lot! Laughing

ok
DodgyGambit
DodgyGambit
Admin

Number of posts : 5618

https://fortressewood.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by African Rover Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:38 am

I hate people who phone you, then after you've explained that you aren't in fact there family/friend and have put the phone down they phone the same fucking number immediately again Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
African Rover
African Rover
Championship
Championship

Number of posts : 1005
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 23 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next